Thursday, August 20, 2009

Noah

My Blog List:

The blog, "Noah's Road" is not about my Noah. It is about a little baby boy named Noah who was shaken by his daycare provider. This little guy is fighting for his life. Please join with me and pray for Noah and his family.

"Kelly's Korner" blogged about 2 things you should never ask or say to a person unless are are absolutely certain of the answer you are going to get:

1. Are you pregnant?

2. Are you a boy or girl?
My son, Noah who is 14 and has long hair and is "pretty" gets mistaken for a flat chested girl much too often. Yesterday a girl in our neighborhood shouted out (more than once I might add) "that's a girl - that's a girl"! Even though the other kids she was with kept telling her Noah was a boy. I know people have their opinions about boys with long hair. Matt has had long hair a couple three times since we met - these Baker boys have GORGEOUS hair! Here is my request - much like Kelly stated - if you are not sure - don't say anything or say something generic like, "How ya doing kiddo?" or if you are waiting on us either at a counter or a waitress taking our order - just ask Noah, "And what will you have?" - don't look at me and say, "and for her?"

My question: Would you ever ask a girl if she was a boy? No, because this would cause the girl to think she was ugly or boyish looking. Boys have feelings too.

Again, I know the simple solution - have Noah cut his hair. I am of the belief this does not hurt you or me. When and if he is ready to cut his hair and donate it to Locks of Love I will support him 100% - until that day comes I only ask you take a minute and THINK before you speak.

Okay, off the soap box:

Below are a couple recent pictures I took of Noah while we waiting in line to register for school. I apologize you can't see his pretty eyes - he was busy texting someone! Have a great day! Stacey

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Its funny how people are so cruel and not so humane. My mother and dad hated my husband because he was a long hair hippie back in 1970/71 we married because I in my mothers words was "to much trouble" I never skipped a day of school or missed a class. I sure didn't have time to misbehave. It was only the words of my great grandmother that brought the real meaning of HAIR. She would always say...what difference does it make if you have long hair or short hair...back when I was a girl...my brothers all rode horses and tended the farm...they were lucky to get a decent hair cut once a year...she told me that in 1977 or 78...back then it was expensive to get your hair cut. She raised her brothers and sisters at age 13 when her mother took ill and died from TB. I carry the tb marker...so I test positive for Tb even though I dont have it... When she married my great grandfather she had 4 boys...My great grandfathers dad was a barber and untill his death at age 33 from ruptured appendicitis he wouldnt take the wagon to the doctor and the doctor had to deliver a lady in towns twins...so on the 3rd day he went to town and died...My Grandmother lived to marry again to a man who had 6 kids with her boys thats 10 she lived to be like 93 and raised a whole slew of her own grandkids because one of his daughters kept going to jail and one of the boys too... So...it doesnt matter what your hair looks like...long or short...keep it clean..keep it combed...not everyone wants to waste a bunch of money on getting a trim every 6 or 8 weeks... thats money that even in these times can be used to buy things we need...Oh...and didnt Jesus have long hair? I dont understand why getting a hair cut is a big deal or why not to get a hair cut...I was reading...that most humans hair grows aprox. 72 inches in one life time...if so...why get a haircut unless you want one...personal choices...my own son had hair down his back to his belt line..I trim it about once a year up to his shoulder blades...I support you choices... as long as my children behaved didnt skip school or act bad...their long hair was a choice we allowed them to make. My youngest was the mohawk kid...we knew Brian Denekee...he was an A+ student...but they didnt tell you that in the news paper when he was run over by a foot ball short hair jock...its just hair...it doesnt make us act bad..or look different ...but there are those who judge.. and the bible says we should not judge...sorry but I just had to say...you have beautiful kids...usually if you respect them...they will will respect you...nothing to do with hair...and your right they are beautiful kids!!!! Beverly Massey Amarillo Texas